Sophomore Year Experience 2015-2016
The Luckyday Sophomore Year Experience Program at The University of Mississippi is designed to help Luckyday Scholars begin to plan for when they complete their degree. The sophomore experience program builds upon the foundation set by the Luckyday freshman year experience. Luckyday has partnered with The University of Mississippi Career Center to provide superior professional development opportunities for Luckyday Scholars. Luckyday sophomores will participate in the following activities in their second year:
- Sophomore Meeting on Thursday, September 3, 2015 (LRC Commons) at 7:00p.m.
- Sophomore Professional Review and Interest Navigation Training (SPRINT) Meetings (9/14/15 through 10/16/15)
- Résumé and Cover Letter Development Process (Due 10/9/15 by 5:00p.m.)
- Résumés and Cover Letters may be picked up in Dr. Perry’s office (LRC116) for edits – November 2015
- Enroll in EDHE333 for Spring 2016 – The Luckyday Professionalism and Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Class (meets every Thursday evening in Spring 2016 from 6-7p.m.EDHE333 Course requirements include:
- Cover Letter and Resume Development
- Interviewing Skills Training
- Mock Interview at Career Center
- Etiquette Dinner
- Big Event Participation/Leadership
- Attendance/Participation in an Individualized Career Building Activity
- Emotional Intelligence/Leadership Project
- Sustainability Project
For more information on the Luckyday Sophomore Year Experience Program, please contact Patrick Perry at 662-915-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.