Sophomore Year Experience (SYE) 2017-2018
The Luckyday Sophomore Year Experience Program at The University of Mississippi is designed to help Luckyday Scholars begin to plan for when they complete their degree. The sophomore experience program builds upon the foundation set by the Luckyday freshman year experience. Luckyday has partnered with The University of Mississippi Career Center to provide superior professional development opportunities for Luckyday Scholars. Luckyday sophomores will participate in the following activities in fall 2017 and spring 2018:
- Sophomore Meeting (August 2017)
- Sophomore Professional Review and Interest Navigation Training (SPRINT) Meetings (October 3-October 10, 2017)
- Enroll in EDHE333 for Spring 2018 – The Luckyday Professionalism and Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Class (meets every Thursday evening in Spring 2018 from 6-7 p.m.EDHE333 Course requirements include:
- Cover Letter and Resume Development
- Interviewing Skills Training
- Mock Interview at Career Center
- Etiquette Dinner
- Big Event Participation/Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence/Leadership Presentation
- Community Partners Project to support Crenshaw and Green Hill Elementary Schools
In spring 2018 students will work from two texts, Emotionally Intelligent Leadership by Shankman, Allen and Haber-Curran and Growing Weeders into Leaders by Jeff McManus.
For more information on the Luckyday Sophomore Year Experience Program, please contact Patrick Perry at 662-915-3905 or firstname.lastname@example.org.